Administered from the University of Western Australia, Cerae is an open-access, peer reviewed journal directed by a committee of interstate and international graduate students and early career researchers. We are united in our commitment to open access publishing, the possibilities of the digital humanities, and to forging a strong community of medieval and early modern scholars.
Volunteering for Cerae will give you invaluable experience in operating a journal – from drafting calls for papers, to the review process, through to copyediting – all skills which will make you more competitive in the academic job market. It will also give you the chance to make a difference and work with a very passionate and dedicated team. To nominate yourself for a role, please email email@example.com by 25th September 2017.
We are looking for a reliable, motivated volunteer to work closely with the Editor to prepare each volume for publication. The Deputy Editor will:
– Arrange the provisional screening and peer review of articles.
– Liaise between reviewers and authors to finalise articles for publication.
– Organise the typesetting and copyediting of articles.
This role requires <2 hours per week.
We are looking for a reliable, motivated volunteer, ideally based at the University of Western Australia, to take care of the administrative tasks involved in running the journal. The Secretary:
– Monitors our main email account
– Organises meetings, writes agendas, and takes minutes as needed
– Oversees our ‘virtual office’
– Maintains contact lists
This role requires a minimum of 2 hours per week.
We are looking for a reliable, motivated volunteer, ideally based at the University of Western Australia, to take care of the accounting tasks involved in running the journal. The Treasurer:
– Keeps records of incoming/outgoing funds
– Organises payments and receipts as necessary
– Generates a basic financial report annually
– Disburses prizes to our winners
– Works closely with the Fundraising Officer
This role requires <1 hr weekly, especially between the EOFY and our AGM.
We are looking for a reliable, motivated volunteer to identify sources of funding to support the journal’s running costs. The Fundraising Officer will:
– Find and apply for prizes or grants aimed at graduate student organizations.
– Send fundraising letters to heads of departments/organizations soliciting sponsorship.
– Consider creative methods of raising funds.
This role requires <1 hour per week.
DEPUTY REVIEWS EDITOR
We are looking for a reliable, motivated volunteer to work alongside the Reviews Editor. The Deputy Reviews Editor will:
– Assist the Reviews Editor to identify publications, including digital works, for review.
– Work with the Reviews Editor to approach and liaise with reviewers.
– Perform other tasks as required, including assisting with the preparation of reviews for
submission to the Editor.
This role requires 1-2 hours per week.